Develop a clear understanding of how materials should be displayed using the appropriate proportions, titles, keys and legends. Learn techniques and build a materials board for professional design presentations. Understand how to organize specification notebooks.
Learn basic window types and how to measure and price window treatments. Use different types of hardware and trim options to create unique window treatments. Visit two local businesses to get real-world examples of the latest in window treatments and have an opportunity to speak with local experts.
12 contact hours
Required Textbook: The Design Directory of Window Treatments, Written and Illustrated By: Jackie Von Tobel,
- Year: 2007 Format: Hardcover 584 pages
- ISBN 13: 9781423602163 (978-1-4236-0216-3)
- ISBN: 1423602161 (1-4236-0216-1)
Textbook approximately $120.00 and no materials required.
- Utilize design principles as a guide to assist you in making the right choices for drapery for your future clients.
- Learn basic textile properties and in order to create successful drapery designs.
- Learn window treatment terminology
- Exercise sketching and rendering for creating custom drapery illustrations for your clients.
- Gain firsthand experience from window treatment professionals and learn best practices when coordinating with a drapery workroom.
- Learn formulas to calculate all materials and supplies needed for drapery designs.
Do not miss more than 2 classes (Refer to Incomplete Grades/Attendance Requirements in the Course Catalog).
Student will complete this course successfully by attendance and class participation on all presentations and projects. Upon successful completion a certificate of completion will be issued (See Course Catalog).