Learn to hand draft a room with a furniture plan, electrical plan and an elevation. Topics include reading blueprints, using an architect’s scale, and drafting floor plans with windows and doors and developing schedules for the floor plans.
24 contact hours
Required Textbook: None
- Understand the fundamentals of reading blueprints.
- Drafting scaled floor plans and elevations.
- Learn to properly draw an electrical plan.
- Field measure a space and learn to hand draw on paper.
- Space planning furniture to fit properly in an interior space.
$395.00, plus the cost of drafting supplies
Here is the list of drafting supplies needed.
• Portable Drafting Table
• Roll of Trace Paper
• Architect Scale
• Drafting Lead, Holder and Sharpener
• Drafting Dots
• Circle Template
• Drafting Brush
• Eraser Shield
Drafting supply cost $195.00 and can be ordered through the school.
Please add the drafting supplies to my cart now.
Do not miss more than 2 classes (Refer to Incomplete Grades/Attendance Requirements in the Course Catalog).
Student will complete this course successfully by attendance and class participation on all presentations and projects. Upon successful completion a certificate of completion will be issued (See Course Catalog).