Learn to design an entire house. Topics include reading blueprints, working with particular furniture styles, mixing patterns and selecting complementary paint colors. Students will also learn how to prepare for interviews in the design industry. This is the certificate’s capstone course, so all other required courses should be completed before taking this course.
24 contact hours
Prerequisites: Interior Design I CSID101, Interior Design II CSID102, Materials Presentation CSIDMT101, Intro to Hand Drafting CSIDDR201, Window Treatments CSIDWT101, Sketchup CSIDDR202
Required Textbook: Textbook from Interior Design CSID101
Beginnings of Interior Environments by Lynn M Jones
Amazon price $123.00
- Publisher: Pearson
- Print ISBN: 9780132786003, 0132786001
- eText ISBN: 9780133074871, 0133074870
- Edition: 11th
- Copyright year: 2014
Materials not included. Materials approximate cost $100.00
- Students will apply what they have learned with the elements and principles of design to develop and decorate an entire residential home.
- Develop a plan for all finishes and furnishings for an entire house.
- Design a material board for finishes, drawings, and exterior elevations.
- Learn to create a design based on an assigned design style.
Do not miss more than 2 classes (Refer to Incomplete Grades/Attendance Requirements in the Course Catalog).
Student will complete this course successfully by attendance and class participation on all presentations and projects. Upon successful completion a certificate of completion will be issued (See Course Catalog).