Learn the foundational tenets of good design. At the end of this course you will be able to look at a room and know what is missing or what is wrong that needs to be changed. The course includes design theory, principles and elements of design, color schemes, psychology of color and designing a room.
24 contact hours
Prerequisites: Interior Design I
Required Textbook: Textbook from Interior Decorating CSID101
Beginnings of Interior Environments by Lynn M Jones
Amazon price $123.00
- Publisher: Pearson
- Print ISBN: 9780132786003, 0132786001
- eText ISBN: 9780133074871, 0133074870
- Edition: 11th
- Copyright year: 2014
Materials not included. Approximate cost of materials $20.00
- Learn the elements and principles of design & textiles.
- Learn to read the color wheel, identify color schemes and understand color theory.
- Learn the how to design a complete room that include space planning, and interior finish selections.
- If you are looking to go into the decorating business this class will provide you will the fundamentals for practicing.
- Overview the History of Period Style and Furniture.
Do not miss more than 2 classes (Refer to Incomplete Grades/Attendance Requirements in the Course Catalog).
Student will complete this course successfully by attendance and class participation on all presentations and projects. Upon successful completion a certificate of completion will be issued (See Course Catalog).