This is an introductory class to Interior Design. Basic rules for color, furniture arranging, accessorizing and lighting are discovered through practical instruction and interaction. Also discover what to look for when selecting quality flooring, wood furniture, upholstery and fabrics.
24 contact hours
Beginnings of Interior Environments by Lynn M Jones
Beginnings of Interior Environments: Jones, Lynn M., Plumb, Heidi: 9781119828983: Amazon.com: Books
- Publisher: Pearson
- Print ISBN: 9780132786003, 0132786001
- eText ISBN: 9780133074871, 0133074870
- Edition: 11th
- Copyright year: 2014
- Understanding the differences in finish materials such as tile, wood flooring, carpet, stones etc.
- Overview of the construction in wood furniture and upholstery
- Fundamentals of lighting and how it effects interior spaces
- Basic knowledge of scaled floor plans and space planning
- Learn rules for accessorizing a room
- Fundamentals of principles and elements of design
Do not miss more than 2 classes (Refer to Incomplete Grades/Attendance Requirements in the Course Catalog).
Student will complete this course successfully by attendance and class participation on all presentations and projects. Upon successful completion a certificate of completion will be issued (See Course Catalog).